the cherry on a dessert, either gets to be eaten first, or last, or not eaten at all. it never gets consumed together with the remaining portion of the dessert.
A poem i wrote several years ago, and i just want to share it. It pays to do some digging in old files.. haha
Were you man enough to face it?
And admit that you caused pain.
were you human enough to ease it?
that pain you inflicted for a gain.
did you get to say goodbye
and gaze straight to her eyes
she did hide at home and cry
coz she did not buy it all, your lies
She felt sorry for herself
For again, she let it happen
the ghost she kept in her shelf
has haunted her once again
She couldnt understand why
she gave in to your flirting
she did vent out and sigh
and cry for she is hurting.
but still she does not worry
and soon she will stop crying
no longer she’d care if you’d be sorry
her tears, they’d all be drying
- Harold, serving some beer to a passenger with some bombay mix..(so now you know its on an indian flight)
- passenger: don't you have any nuts? everytime i'm here, you don't have nuts!
- harold: well i'm sorry, but we've always been serving the bread sticks on most flights, and these mixed savouries on indian flights.
- passenger: that's nonsense! GIVE ME TWO!
- harold: (what the hell!)
- harold smiles at the passenger
i’m here. i stand still. in need to be needed. yearning to be talked to. i exist, yes i do. and all i want is for you to notice, that i am here, and you are there, we couldn’t be that far apart. it’s not your eyelids but your heart that shuts your eyes and render me invisible. let go of that heart beat and open your mind, for you to see that i am here, and right there, with you, is where i want to be.